Abstract # e13071, 2552, 2513, e19506, 7506, 7507, e19502, 9027, 502, 501, 3140, 1563
Fort Myers, Fla., June 7, 2021 – American Oncology Network, LLC (AON) is pleased to announce that 12 research studies co-authored by AON physicians will be presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2021 Annual Meeting, which will be held June 4-8, 2021. The program will feature more than 4,900 abstracts covering advances in the treatment of prostate, breast, lung, and renal cancers as well as screening, prevention, access to care, immunotherapy, and precision medicine. This year’s theme is “Equity: Every Patient. Every Day. Everywhere.” The following AON physician investigators will present their research results during poster discussions and/or presentations.
- Dr. Ruemu E. Birhiray of Hematology Oncology of Indiana, who co-authored a study on metastatic breast cancer (Abstract # e13071)
- Dr. Ralph V. Boccia of The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, who co-authored a study involving developmental therapeutics in immunotherapy (Abstract # 2552)
- Dr. Arvind Chaudhry of Summit Cancer Centers, who served as co-author of several studies that involved developmental therapeutics in immunotherapy (Abstract # 2513) and hematologic malignancies in lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (Abstract # e19506)
- Dr. Bruce D. Cheson of The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, who co-authored several studies on non-Hodgkin lymphoma (Abstract # 7506), hematologic malignancies in lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (Abstract # 7507 and # e19502)
- Dr. Stephen “Fred” Divers of Genesis Cancer Center, who co-authored a study on non-small cell metastatic lung cancer (Abstract # 9027)
- Dr. Mark L. Graham of Waverly Hematology Oncology, who served as co-author on several studies involving breast cancer (Abstract # 502 and # 501)
- Dr. Gary Palmer of Hope Cancer Care of Nevada, who co-authored a study on developmental therapeutics, molecularly targeted agents and tumor biology (Abstract # 3140)
- Dr. Victor M. Priego of The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, who co-authored a study on clinical research design, care delivery and regulatory policy (Abstract # 1563)
AON CEO Todd Schonherz said, “Though the AON network spans across the country, our oncologists are interconnected and focused on driving change. To have eight AON physicians’ research studies being shared at this prestigious program confirms that our physicians are not only uniting in collaboration, they’re at the forefront of new discoveries and findings that will expand and improve cancer treatment options for every patient.”
“The physicians within our network are dedicated to bringing innovative treatment options to patients, close to home. The fact that we have so many publications accepted by ASCO reflects our physicians’ strong commitment to advancing cancer care treatments with evidence-based medicine and research,” added Dr. Stephen Orman, AON Board Member & Chairman.
About American Oncology Network, LLC: (AONcology.com)
American Oncology Network, LLC (AON) is an alliance of physicians and seasoned healthcare leaders partnering to ensure the long-term success of community oncology. Launched in 2018, the rapidly growing AON network represents 102 physicians and 68 nurse practitioners and physician assistants practicing across 17 states. The executive management team of AON brings more than three decades of oncology practice management experience, enabling physicians to focus on what matters most – providing the highest quality care for patients.
The organization provides unique and comprehensive protocols for managing administrative procedures and enhancing ancillary services for its affiliates. AON is able to aggregate volume and attain economies of scale, as it guides its member physicians and practices through the transition to value-based reimbursement models that improve the patient experience and help to reduce the per-capita cost of cancer care.
AON also provides a unique model of physician led, community-based oncology management. With services such as a centralized specialty pharmacy, diagnostics, pathology, fully integrated electronic medical records, a care management team and a variety of financial assistance programs, an alliance with AON ensures that patients’ experiences will be at the very pinnacle of cancer care today.
For More Information, Contact:
American Oncology Network, LLC
Caroline Hewitt, Vice President of Marketing